playground some color replacement soy bean oil 1 ice ice baby

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Of Cole and Apples and Blue Masking Tape

I've been shooting and posting a lot because it's March in New England and I don't know what else to do. There are days this week that we should have left the house--but we didn't. It is not surprising then that going-on-five-year-old Cole has taken to wrapping apples in blue masking tape. Here is a transcription of our conversation.

Cole, why did you wrap the apples in tape?

So I wouldn't eat them.

Apparently he had eaten one earlier. After the conversation was over he peeled the tape off of an apple, stuck the tape to his head and took a bite of apple. Then he said, "I was only joking."

There has got to be a place in this world for Cole and blue tape and apples. Suggestions anyone? Anything except the circus. I'm afraid he'd go and that he'd love it and that I'd never see him again. This would make me sadder than the cold winds of March ever could.

apples wrapped

No comments: