playground some color replacement soy bean oil 1 ice ice baby

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Modern Man

In the quiet afternoon of the coffee shop Cole starts singing loudly, "Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto. Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto. Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto."

We are finished with our coffee and I quickly head for the exit.

"Excuse me, was your son just singing Styx?" asks the man in the suit holding the door.

"Well, yes." "And if you're lucky he'll break into "Come Sail Away" next.

"Chuckle, chuckle," says the man.

"Man I love this kid," I think to myself. Another 4 o'clock gone by. Rainy afternoon sunshine. All because of a four-year-old kid in a coffee shop singing Styx. Utter horror. Utter embarrassment. Utter delight.

Addendum:

"Cole, where did you learn that song?"

"From the internets."

Of course. From the internets.

No comments: